PICC and Vascular Services*
MobilexUSA offers innovative mobile vascular access services, bringing the most state-of-the-art technologies to patients wherever they call home. Most notable is our new groundbreaking ultrasound-guided Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) insertions, which uses Electrocardiogram (EKG) technology to expedite confirmation of tip placement. This new approach – widely considered the gold-standard in the vascular field – has been proven to maximize success rates and positive experiences for our patients. **
Facility and Patient Benefits
- Cost Effective – retain your patient and avoid re-hospitalization
- Skilled vascular access specialist with portable ultrasound provide fewer needle sticks preserving veins and providing less risk to the patient
- Recommended for fewer complications from irritating IV fluids and vesicants. PICC is indicated…IV Fluids, Long Term IV Fluids, Osmolarity >900, Parenteral Nutrition, Continuous vesicant therapy
- PICC service provided within 24 hours*
- PICC may be used immediately with new EKG tip location technology or Digital X-Ray technology when needed
- Usable PICC at bedside - immediately post insertion to decrease time from physician order to infusion
- PICC may be used for a year or more with proper care and maintenance
- Fewer return to hospital transports
Skilled Nursing Visits Available IV
- IV Start
- Implanted Port Accessing or De-Accessing
- Central Line Removal (non-tunneled Lines)
- PICC assessment
- Central line troubleshooting
- Line De-clotting (medication needs to be provided by facility pharmacy)
- Procedural Education
- Nurse Education for competencies in IV insertion, Central Line Dressing changes, and IV care and Maintenance
- CEU education
Why Choose MobilexUSA for On-Site PICC Insertion?
- Convenience. Our specialized Skilled Vascular RNs come to the patient, eliminating the need for hospital transport, potentially avoiding unnecessary expenses such as costly transportation and hospital fees.
- Increased satisfaction. Our providers use ultrasound guidance, reducing the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and increasing the success of placement. Fewer needle sticks mean a more comfortable experience for our patients.
- Improved efficiencies. Immediate confirmation of proper PICC tip position at the bedside reduces time to infusion therapy, and decreases clinician time spent on PICC tip repositioning.
- Increased success. Our clinicians utilize EKG Tip location technology—the newest practice to expedite confirmation of tip placement – which maximizes success rates and positive experiences for our patients. (Per the 2016 Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice. www.ins1.org)
- Streamlined processes. With just one quick call to our PICC service direct line, our team of specialists will schedule and process your order. If a PICC confirmation X-ray is required by the treating clinician, we can transmit our digital images to a radiologist from the patient’s bedside for immediate and accurate results.
- Outstanding safety protocols. Our team uses Maximum Barrier Precautions and strictly adheres to all safety standards according to Infusion Nursing Society, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Association for Vascular Access.